Fix WiFi Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration
WiFi Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration : These days almost every other computer is connected to the internet and this has been possible because of one the greatest inventions called WiFi. WiFi is actually an abbreviation for Wireless Fidelity which helps you to transfer data to different computers wirelessly. In simple language, you can use WiFi to access internet on your computer wirelessly.
Sometimes it may happen that while using WiFi on your Windows 10 PC, you may face different windows 10 wifi errors. One such error out of them is “wifi doesn’t have a valid ip configuration”. Due to this error users are not able to access internet on their windows 10 PC via WiFi but they can still access internet with the help of other ways such as LAN, USB Tethering etc.
This error occurs due to a single reason and that is pretty much understood by the name of the error itself. This error occurs because of a mismatch of the Ip address of your Wifi and the one present in your system’s configuration. And to get rid of this error, the mismatching IP has to be rectified. You don’t need to freak out if you don’t know how to do that as we are going to tell you how to do that below!
How to fix Wifi Invalid IP Configuration
There are various ways to solve this error, read all the ways and then use the one that’s most suitable for you.
This is literally the best and the easiest way that you can find to solve wifi doesn’t have a valid ip configuration error. All you need to do is to use the netsh command to solve the error. Follow the steps below:
Windows + Xto start command prompt
- Once the command prompt open, type the following without quotes “netsh int ip reset”
- Now close command prompt and then reboot your Computer
- If your error is still not solved then try putting the following codes without quotes in the command prompt:
Using these commands might have probably solved the issue for you but if it didn’t then you can try the following methods too1 Also please note that if you use a static IP then you will have to set it up again.
Change wireless SSID and password
This is again an easy fix for the error. All you have to do to fix it is to change the password and the SSID of your modem by accessing it from your pc. To do so, you have to connect your modem with your PC with the help of an Ethernet cable and then look under the modem for administrator username and password. Now access your model and change it’s SSID and password.
Changing the channel width to auto
One of the users who had the same problem suggested that changing the channel width to auto can help to solve this error. To do so.
Windows + X
- Select network connections
- Once the network connections open, you need to right click on the wireless connection and then click on properties.
- Now click on configure button and press then open the advanced tab.
- Select the 802.11n channel width for band 2.4 and then set it to Auto.
- Now click Ok to save the changes.
Set the IP Address manually
Till now we have discussed three ways to solve wifi doesn’t have a valid ip configuration in windows 10 but if those didn’t help you then this method will definitely will. Sometimes it happens that the DHCP assigns the wrong IP, to solve it, you will have to manually fix it by following the steps mentioned below:
Windows + X
- Select network connections
- Right click on your wireless network and then click on properties
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 and then click on the properties button
- Now click on the ‘Use the following IP address’. Now you nee to enter the IP address, subnet mast and the default gateway according to your ISP. Once you are done with it, press OK.
Once you press Ok, your computer should be connected to the internet.
These were the solutions for wifi doesn’t have a valid ip configuration in windows 10. If you have your own way to solve this error then do let us know in the comments section below!